1. Land Resources Evaluation (for Agriculture, Forestry etc)
- Detail and semi-detail soil survey.
- Soil suitability evaluation for agriculture and general land use.
- Production of soil and soil suitability maps.
- Products of monographs and books on soil science for educational and extension purposes.
2. Soil Fertility Evaluation and Management
- Fertilizer recommendations.
- Compost development.
- Acid soil management.
- Integrated nutrient management.
- Production of inoculant.
- Vertisol management.
3. Soil and Water Conservative/Erosion Control
- Watershed protection.
- Erosion control on farmlands and in human settlement.
- Crop water requirements.
- Irrigation management.
4. Environmental Resource Management
- Reclamation of degraded lands resulting from mining, agricultural and other activities.
- Environmental Impact Assessment.
- Training in soil resources management.
5. General Cropland Agronomy
6. Plantation Agriculture/Agroforestry
7. Soil Information and Database